This post is inspired by my trip to Korea late last year. I found the look that most girls sported there to be really fresh and decided to try my hand at it. Check it out and see if any of these trends pique your interest.
KOREAN MAKEUP TRENDS IN 2014/2015
(1) Straight brows - Gives a youthful look. Brows are also heftier, yet well-groomed.
(2) Light/warm toned eyelids - Popular shades are peaches, oranges, and warm neutrals
(3) Perfect Skin - This is the land that birthed the BB cream; of course skin needs to be perfect! Skin is bright, "dewy" (makeup buzzword FTW) and pores blurred.
(4) Light blush/no contour - Popular shades include light peaches, pinks, and lilacs.
(5) Gradient Lip - This is the lip look of the moment due to its youthfulness (again). Who has perfectly manicured lip liner / lipstick in their teens? No one. Apparently the harsh edges and the loud colors age you. This lip makes you look like you've just enjoyed a strawberry lollipop. Can be recreated with red, pink, and orange tones.
|Going back to my roots - a Korean Makeup Look|
|Alternate view of eyeshadow|
I created this look with drugstore products I had on hand in my collection. I wanted to try to make it as cheap as possible with things that were widely available here in the States. Products are listed below. (affiliate links)
Ponds BB Cream
Makeup Geek Blush in Secret Admirer - a cool toned lavender pink, $9.99
ELF Blush Bronzer Duo in St. Lucia - bronzer past crease and blush on lids
Maybelline Ultra Liner in Waterproof Black
Forgot mascara, oops but for a good drugstore one check out L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly
ELF Eyebrow Kit in Medium
Ponds BB Cream
Revlon Smoked Peach, but I don't recommend buying Revlon (CEO's a racist), for a drugstore alternative check out NYX Pumpkin Pie
Wet N Wild Purty Persimmon
Wet N Wild Cherry Frost
GRADIENT LIP TUTORIAL
Shop the post:
Are you keen to try any of these trends?
If you're curious about my policy on press samples, affiliate links, and sponsors, see my disclaimer and policies.