Get ready for some K-beauty empowerment today!
Logging onto this app (HwaHae) is EVERY BIT as empowering as learning about a new [skincare] ingredient or experiencing a new product formulation. And I believe that everyone who is Asian beauty obsessed or even curious will benefit from having this app on their phone.
HWAHAE: AN INTRODUCTION
The app I'm talking about is called "HwaHae", and it is available on both the Apple Store for iPhone users, and the Google Play Store for Android users.
The app houses ingredients lists in ENGLISH and REVIEWS (in Korean, but there is a star rating system, and to me that's as universal as a drum beat) for over 50,000 beauty products, most of them Korean.
The only thing holding you back from this treasure trove of information? The sign-up process!
We'll get over that hurdle today.
HWAHAE: THE TUTORIAL
Today's post is a guide to the app in pictures. You'll be guided through...
- The sign-up process for iPhone (Android users, refer to fellow K-beauty blogger Lost In Pretty's guide to Hwahae here)
- Searching for products / ingredients lists
- Filtering Results: (1) By most popular product (2) By product type
- The Product Detail Page and Saving products to wishlists
- Adjusting your profile and settings
This post is a part of my TG2KB beginner's guide to Korean beauty. For more informational posts, please go here.
Thank for reading, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out!
Disclosure: If you are curious about my policy on press samples, affiliate links, and sponsors, please see my disclaimer and policies.